- The benefits of joining the HA are intellectual and professional, to say the least. Through completing our HA programme, one step at a time, you are building relationships and networks with other highly motivated students, our HA Professional and Academic Fellows, our HA Graduate Mentors, and important stakeholders at our University and society.
- You will graduate with a designation from the HA on your transcript, and special acknowledgement at your graduation ceremony. Such recognition already distinguishes an HA graduate among others.
- Besides, many of the benefits of joining the HA are less tangible but equally powerful: personal growth, intellectual challenges and professional aspirations. HA students are groomed to become leaders at HSUHK and beyond.
- Senior research project supervised by an experienced faulty member in your chosen area of study
- Holistic guidance from the Academy throughout your whole HA education
- Priority for SAO-arranged local and outbound internship as well as exchange study during selection
- Subsidies for outbound activities including internship, exchange study and other overseas learning activities
- Guaranteed residence at a Residential College (two-year residential housing, provided that each HA Student is to live in the RC for at least one year)
- Leadership training and opportunities
- Scholarships and awards for outstanding HA Students/Graduates
- Special recognition at graduation and on your transcript
- The HA is distinct from the School-based honours programmes. We bring together students from different Schools to learn, live and work together to tackle social and economic issues at local and global levels.
- HA has our own curricular and extracurricular requirements. At the same time, HA offers you priority to exclusive opportunities that only HA students could enjoy. On top of the HA personnel, you are well-supported by the HA, and also supporting each other within your HA cohort, meeting each other frequently through curricular, extracurricular and scholarly exchanges.
- Yes! You will earn exclusive access to a range of HA-only scholarships and subsidies. For example, you will be offered additional subsides to engage in academic or experiential learning activities during your overseas learning experience, such as attending workshops, conferences or summits.